ACS is proud to be a major supplier of Danfoss products and solutions. One of these products is the highly efficient VLT Micro Drive FC 51. Continue reading to get an overview of this product, its features, and energy saving comparisons and more.
Protection and Features
These are the main protections and features available from the VLT Micro Drive:
- Electronic motor thermal protection against overload.
- Temperature monitoring of the heat sink ensures that the frequency converter trips if there is overtemperature.
- The frequency converter is protected against short circuits between motor terminals U, V, W.
- When a motor phase is missing, the frequency converter trips and issues an alarm.
- When a mains phase is missing, the frequency converter trips or issues a warning (depending on the load).
- Monitoring of the DC-link voltage ensures that the frequency converter trips when the DC-link voltage is too low or too high.
- The frequency converter is protected against ground faults on motor terminals U, V, W.
Comparison of Energy Savings
Discharge dampers reduce power consumption. Inlet guide vanes offer a 40% reduction but are expensive to install. The Danfoss frequency converter solution reduces energy consumption with more than 50% and is easy to install. It also reduces noise, mechanical stress, and wear-and-tear, and extends the life span of the entire application.